Lemons are full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants. They are also sour, bitter and acidic - so how make them more appealing? You can the whole fruit from peel to pulp (but just make sure the ones you buy are organic - even the unwaxed have still been treated).
- squeeze fresh into warm or cold water;
- squeeze fresh into sparkling water as a much better replacement to diet coke when you need a pick me up;
- lemon vinaigrette is easy and quick - fresh lemon juice, olive oil, a little grated garlic, dijon mustard, a little honey and a little salt. Optional is fresh or dried thyme. Whisk up and use on everything from salad, lentils, potates.
- add lemon zest to your pancake recipe for a zing of sweet citrus;
- add to your energy ball recipes